Please click to see;
Click above to see our lunch menu at Rachel McMillan Nursery School
Lunch and Snacks at Rachel McMillan Nursery School
Lunch and snack times are very important here at the nursery and we encourage snack times to also be a time to sit and socialise with our friends.
Breakfast: Children using the extended day will have breakfast included as part of the extended day package. This will consist of cereals, toast and fruit. This is served between 8:00am - 8:45am.
In each shelter we have a snack table available serving breakfast / cereal each morning for the children to access up to 9:45am. This is funded through 'Sundries' payments or generous contributions of fruit and cereal from our families.
Lunch: We are really lucky to have our own kitchen on site and our own cook (Ruth). Ruth, assisted by Lorraine cooks delicious, nutritionally balanced meals each day. The children eat in small groups at tables in their shelters and are served by the shelter staff. This is encouraged to be a relaxing enjoyable time, where children can receive a hot nutritious meal. We feel this is an important element of the day where children continue to develop, learning about different foods, likes and dislikes and how to use cutlery with increasing skill and autonomy. We do not allow packed lunches but will cater for children’s dietary needs.
Our Lunch menus: Lunch costs are taken from the daily 'sundries' charge.
- There is always a vegetarian option available
- We are happy to meet any particular dietary needs for your child for medical or religious reasons.
- We ask that a week’s lunch money be paid in advance, to the school office on a Monday morning. (You can also pay by Standing Order).
- Families on Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance are eligible for free school meals. Please ask in the office for a form and information
- Breakfast and light tea are included in the charges during term time.
- Breakfast, lunch and light tea are included during the holiday periods.
Afternoon Snack: In each shelter we have a snack table available serving snacks from 2:00pm. The children are notified that snacks are available and can make the choice if they would like to join the table for a light snack, after washing their hands. This is funded through pupil premium funding as well as generous contributions of fruit, bread or crackers from our families.